Friday, June 24, 2011

A recipe and A race

As promised, a delicious, and one of my go to recipes using mickey sweet potato rounds.

Sweet Potato Salad
2 sweet potatoes
1 cup/1can black beans
1 red bell peppers
1/2 a cucumber
1/4 c broccoli slaw/confetti
carb of choice
big bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 limes worth of juice
2 Tbs evoo
2 Tbs Balsalmic
dash of cayenne and salt

Cut sweet potatoes into rounds and roast for ~20 minutes. Let cool and dice.
Dice red bell pepper and cucumber. To make "confetti" I peel a broccoli stalk and then chop up the peels. Quick and easy.
Cook your carb. I used rice because its what I had but its delicious with quinoa or small pastas or nothing at all!
Put everything in a big bowl and mix it on up.
For the dressing mix together the lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, balsamic and seasonings to taste.
Pour over the salad and either refrigerate it to let everything combine and get super yum or devour on the spot like I did.
Eat out of the face of an animal to make it taste even better
What you dont eat out of owl heads?
The recipe is super versatile. Thats not even the original that included mango (so good, but I didnt have any) and corn. Now its turned into a throw everything in a bowl and mix it up.

It is especially good while eaten after a long adventure with Sir Charles.
Who was on the trail of something until he got distracted by another dog.
On our walk I decided I was going to start training for the Long Beach Half Marathon (10/9/11) even though I was just planning on focusing on getting speedy. I'm not completely sure if I will end up running it but the motivation won't hurt and it wont make me any slower. I'm going to give it some time before I commit and register, but its a definite maybe.

Whats your favorite go-to recipe?


Are you ever undecided about registering for a race?

1 comment:

Katie said...

That sweet potato salad looks delicious! And I love your owl bowl.

Post a Comment